Saturday, January 6, 2007

Be Yourself!

I have noticed that many celebrities who come into the business with unique smiles opt to have their teeth "fixed" once they get a little bit of money.

Prime example: Chris Rock. Chris was quoted in saying that as a child his "teeth were all messed up". And other people out there in cyberspace post things like, "I'm so glad Chris Rock got his teeth fixed and a hair cut".

Why? Why do we look at a person with a gap in their teeth and say that they are messed up? Why do we call overbites "buck teeth"? No lie, I was watching an Invisiline commercial and they interviewed an orthodontist who said that Invisiline would correct all kinds of "problems" such as "buck teeth". What kind of professional would use such a term?

Instead, I applaud people like David Letterman, Condoleeza Rice, and Lauren Hutton (a beautiful and well paid MODEL). These people realize that it truly isn't the angle of the tooth that determines your worth but the depth of your truth.

Let's embrace our unique smiles instead of alienating each other!
Who's with me?

No comments: